Thursday 26 August 2010

Name that Blog--A CONTEST

I've never done a contest on these before, nor have I any ideas about what to give as a prize, but nevertheless! This blog needs a title, and although I am quite good at academic titles (you know, the sort with alliteration and colons and such) I'm having problems with this one. So I would like you to pick it. I have some options, but I know y'all are better wordsmiths than I. The prize, apart from my unwavering gratitute, will probably be in the lines of IU gear (if that is your thing) or homemade cookies (if that is your thing) or a combination of the two.

Title options so far--if you like any of these, let me know and we can put it to a vote.

--Brooklyn, Bloomington, and Beyond--the alliteration is good, but it's not overly exciting

--40,000 + 1--playing off my previous blog title of "2.5 million + 1" which is the population of Brooklyn. "40,000 + 1" doesn't have quite the same ring to it, alas.

--Hoosier Daddy??--ok, I'm very fond of this one, as in, "who's your daddy??" My sister vetoed it though.

--From Brick to Limestone--my beautiful undergrad college had brick buildings. IU has limestone ones. I think there is too much regional explanation involved with this title.

--Tales from the Ivory Tower--apt, but it's not so much a tower, nor do I like the phrase "the ivory tower," unless it is referring to Rapunzel.

--What the %@*& is a Hoosier, anyway?--pretty self-explanatory.

--some sort of pun with blooming, Bloomington, etc.

--Indi-Anna--this would keep it matching the URL, but it seems a little vain to have my name in the title.

--Until 3 Weeks ago I didn't know who Bobby Knight Was--true, but not catchy, nor something I should probably admit.

--If it Ain't Baroque, or variations thereof: If it Ain't Baroque, Don't Fix It; If it Ain't Baroque, Who Cares; If it Ain't Baroque, Why Bother?, etc.--just a little art historical humor for ya.

--Some sort of John Mellancamp lyric, or something from a Meg Cabot book, as they're both from here.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, Indi-Anna is beyond fantastic. The perfect amount of self-referential. Dooooo ittt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna In Indi-anna, or some such use of Indi-anna

    ReplyDelete