Tuesday 8 November 2011

Don't Stop Me Now

Tonight, for the first time in about a month, I didn't have any specific work to do. There is so much on the horizon that I could start on, but really, nights off need to happen. They haven't been happening lately, and I miss 'em. In the past two weeks I have: written a 13 page seminar paper and presented it to my class, written a 15 page paper to be presented on Sunday at a lecture competition thing (more on that later, maybe, if I survive. Since my advisor is looking over it now I have a few days of not dealing with it), had two phone chat/interviews with two professors that I would like to work with in different PhD programs, emailed three other professors to see if they'd like to set up interviews, went out for Halloween, graded 40 quizzes, lesson planned, had my teaching observed by my supervising professor (which went well, I was very happy about it), co-planned our biennial art history association (AHA) booksale, re-dyed part of my hair purple, and slept, but not enough.

So what did I do tonight? Well, as I'm typing this, I have a giant pot of applesauce cookin' on the stove, and cooked up a bunch of cabbage and bacon for dinner. I haven't bought meat in probably 9 months, but I just really wanted bacon today, so I got some! Wonderful comfort-y food. I plan to have so much brinner this week. I dealt with some old receipts, cleaned my purse(s), although my desk is still a disaster, and submitted all the payment requests for AHA (I'm the treasurer, despite genuinely being godawful at math). I'm planning to watch a few episodes of Twin Peaks (SO GOOD, I'm a tiny bit obsessed) and head to bed.

But for the moment I am confident that I will get everything done this semester. Yes, I may be writing my theory paper ON Thanksgiving (not-going-to-think-about-it) and I have yet to write any personal statements or request transcripts or GRE scores or...the list goes on. And on. But in the words of the great Freddie Mercury, Don't Stop Me Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment