Friday 1 July 2011

Thursday Slack-Off

Things that I have done today that do not involve Arabic or anything remotely productive:
--spent two hours at the pool at my apartment complex (gorgeous day, by the way)
--watched three episodes of How I Met Your Mother
--ate a whole avocado
--went for a long walk
--got my bangs cut
--went out for usual Thursday night drinks, which among the five of us involved a piece of cheesecake, nachos, a veggie burger, onion strings and four Long Island Iced Teas
--went to another bar to say hi to a few more friends (and now I have a stamp on my hand and it will not come off...I'm going to be one of "those girls" in class tomorrow...)
--went and got ice cream
--went back to a friend's place and watched an episode of Swamp People. If you don't know what Swamp People is, you are a better human being than I. It's a reality show about alligator hunters in the bayou. The same things happen every episode (spoiler alert: capturing alligators) but for some reason we are all riveted. The best guy, Troy, sings random songs and has a hired gun named Elizabeth, and he says, "SHOOT 'EM! SHOOT 'EM ELIZABETH" pretty much every episode and it has become our catchphrase. No good.
--did about three-quarters of the NY Times crossword puzzle between three of us. Not too shabby!

So that is why I have to get up in less than six hours yet am not remotely done with homework. At least tomorrow is Friday! And that means: naps.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great summer evening, glad you are having some fun!

    ReplyDelete